Full Professor at SEEU. Director of the Max van der Stoel Institute.
Over a career in higher education that stretches from University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (GSPIA), USA, to South East European University (SEEU) North Macedonia, with focus on the teaching & research and educational management.
He currently serves as Director of the Max van der Stoel Institute and he is a Associate Professor in the field of Public Policy at Faculty of Contemporary Social Sciences at SEEU. He is author and co-author of several publications dealing with approaches to policy making in local and national level, innovations on the public administration reforms, and in decentralization as powerful design for effective local policies. Dr. Kreci is leading researcher and coordinator of several national and international academic research projects. Find out more on publications and projects here and and also here.
He frequently holds lectures in national and international universities as visiting lecturer and conducts research projects internationally. In 2019 he was an Adjunct Professor at the Seattle University, WA Seattle delivering four-week intensive graduate course on Effective Policy Making in European Union; a Fulbright Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey between 2013-2014; and a Research Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh, GSPIA in 2009.
Prior to joining to the South East European University, he served as Assistant Director of the Graduate Center for Public Policy and Management (GCPPM) Graduate Center for Public Policy and Management (GCPPM), the GSPIA’s project in North Macedonia.
Dr. Kreci served as Vice-Dean for Postgraduate Studies at the Faculty of Contemporary Social Sciences. He received his PhD in Political Sciences from the South East European University while he did his masters degree in University of Pittsburgh, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs (GSPIA), USA, and completed his undergraduate in Political Sciences at the Istanbul University.
Post-Doc, MIIS California (2014),
PhD, South East European University (2010),
MSc, University of Pittsburgh (2001),
PITT – GSPIA Fellowship
BSc, Istanbul University (1997),
- Nov 2021: Book chapter published in Routledge Handbook of Local Elections and Voting in Europe !
- Oct 2021: Participated at the Erasmus+ BRIDGE Transnational Project Meeting in Brno, Czech Republic !
- Sep 2021: Moderated the VIP NATO Symposium: “Civil-Military Support to a Civil Emergency”!
- Sep 2021: Participated at the MEF 2021 (Mapping the Energy Future) forum !
- Jul 2021: MVDSI wins the first bilateral project from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs !
- Jun 2021: I was promoted to Full Professor at South East European University!
- May 2021: Nominated and selected in the Program Committee of Horizon Europe programme for North Macedonia – Cluster 2 (Culture, creativity and Inclusive Society)!
- Apr 2021: Co-authored paper accepted for publication by the Int’l Journal on Innovation and Learning, indexed in Scopus and ESCI-Clarivate Analytics !
- Mar 2021: Invited Speaker on Mini-Schengen and Regional Cooperation !
- Mar 2021: Invited to Western Balkans Prague Security Event !
- Feb 2021: Invited Distinguished speaker on conference dedicated to Bilateral Youth Offices for Cooperation (BYCO) between North Macedonia and Greece !
- Jan 2021: I attended expert meeting on Local Autonomy Index 2.0 !
- Dec 2020: I delivered presentation of a co-authored research report findings on Confidence Building Measures between North Macedonia and Greece !
- Nov 2020: I moderated a webinar titled “Synopsis of Post 1990 Bulgarian Policy vis-a-vis North Macedonia” !
- Oct 2020: Erasmus+ Fakespotting project kick-off meeting was held !
- Sep 2020: SEEU-MVDSI is winner of 11 research grants from the EU and national institutions !
- Sep 2020: Erasmus+ BRIDGE project kick-off meeting was held !