Associate Professor at SEEU. Senior Research Associate at Max van der Stoel Institute. Passionate about technology, running, and mountains.
I am a Senior Research Associate (Associate Professor) at Max van der Stoel Institute, South East European University (SEEU). I am the head of the Distributed Systems and Data Science research group (DSG).
Prior to joining the SEEU, I was a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Cambridge. At Cambridge, I was affiliated with the Networking for Development Lab (N4D Lab) where I worked on the EU H2020 RIFE and UMOBILE projects.
I did my PhD at UPC BarcelonaTech and University of Lisbon (IST) (with Distinction and Honour), where I was an EMJD-DC fellow. Before that, I spent some time as a researcher at Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPS-SWS) and Saarland University Graduate School of Computer Science.
My research interests center on decentralized cloud infrastructures. I am heavily involved in network and system measurements, looking at topics ranging from edge computing, machine learning to blockchain.
Post-Doc, UPC BarcelonaTech (2019),
Post-Doc, University of Cambridge (2018),
University of Cambridge Fellowship
MSc, Sapienza University of Rome (2011),
Erasmus Mundus Master Fellowship
BSc, South East European University (2009),
- Apr 2022: Officially kick-started the project “Air Pollution and Human Mobility” supported by University of Birmingham and IOM !
- Feb 2022: We are hiring a technical / research assistant to work with us on the air pollution monitoring project !
- Nov 2021: We are the winners of the 9th H2020 Fed4Fire+ Open Call ! We are hiring a senior researcher to work with us at MVDSI ! Stay tuned for a news update !
- Oct 2021: Two papers on Federated Machine Learning got accepted ! They will be presented at ACM/SIGHCI IoT 2021 conference in Switzerland and ICITS 2022 conference in Costa Rica !
- Sep 2021: Together with the University of Birmingham (UK) and International Organization for Migration (IOM) we are kick-starting the project “Assessing the Nexus Between Air Pollution and Human Mobility in the City of Tetova” !
- Aug 2021: Our work on Federated Learning got accepted at IEEE Globecom 2021 conference to be held in Madrid, Spain ! Congratulations Lenart !
- Jul 2021: We were nominated and selected for the Elsevier FGCS Editor’s Choice Award for our journal paper on Multi-criteria Optimization in Edge Clouds !
- Apr 2021: Nominated and selected in the Program Committee of Horizon Europe programme for North Macedonia !
- Mar 2021: Our paper on “Multi-criteria Optimization in Edge Clouds” has been accpeted for publication in the Elsevier FGCS journal (Impact Factor: 7.187) ! Kudos to the team !
- Mar 2021: I am excited to welcome our second MVDSI intern Bedria Zendeli who will be working on the Blockchain project. Welcome Bedria !
- Dec 2020: I am looking for motivated students and interns to work on EU related projects on cloud, machine learning and blockchain !
- Nov 2020: We got a second Open Call grant from the H2020 Fed4Fire+ project !